Training Development Specialist
Job Summary and Objective of the Position
The Training Development Specialist works closely with the business manager(s) to create, lead and support initial and ongoing training programs. This includes assessing training needs of existing staff, and planning and implementing structured training processes for ongoing improvement and success. You will manage, design, develop, coordinate and conduct small or large-scale training programs for departments directly supported by Operations Services
Primary Job Functions
All job functions identified for the Training Coordinator role in addition to:
· Assist in the design and development of current curriculum; partnering with peers to evaluate program objectives, identify gaps and creation of plan to fill gaps.
· Assessing team member skills. At the direction of the manager, performs skill assessments of team members in order to identify skill gaps and creates a comprehensive list of training needs for each team member. Track and report training needs and completed training. Provides feedback to the manager and to the employees regarding training progress.
· Lead Organizational training initiatives – Communicating training specific need to Operations Analyst and coordinating training tasks with team members. Ensuring execution of training tasks identified and communicating progress throughout entire cycle.
· Creation of new curriculum for individual departments, or, from an operational/organizational scope.
· Market available training opportunities to employees and provide necessary information using appropriate training methods.
· Assist in identifying and implementing new learning technologies and methods.
· Observes Training Coordinator(s) during facilitation providing feedback regarding strengths and opportunities.
Work Experience, Education, Certification / Training Required
· 4 years in a designated training role, working and applying Adult Learning Principles and Techniques.
· Business training certifications (ASTD/ATD, SITE, Pike), training-related academic course completions or e-learning expertise is a plus.
· Experience or training on basic to moderate technical writing.
· Experience or training on instructional design.
· Expertise with life insurance, annuities or financial services products is a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
· Moderate-Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office tools.
· Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to quickly prioritize tasks.
· Experience managing multi-faceted assignments to defined objectives and deadlines.
· Exceptional time management; self-starter.
Apply On-line at our company website
Site and contents © 2001-2016, Birmingham Chapter ATD, all rights reserved.Contact Us: Birmingham Chapter ATD, PO Box 19764, Birmingham, AL 35209 | E-mail